We envision a society where people take time to listen together with open minds. We believe chamber music has the power to form community through collaboration and by inspiring empathy, respect and attention to each other.
Hailed by the Georgia Straight as “ambitious in its scope” and an event where “musical excellence is assured,” the Blueridge Festival offers innovative programming, dazzling artists, thought-provoking public masterclasses and lectures, and unforgettable performances in an idyllic summer setting. Praised by the Vancouver Sun as “ever-inventive” and “not afraid to take some pretty big chances,” Blueridge presents a characteristic blend of beloved chamber music classics and intriguing new music. The North Shore News calls it “not what people usually expect from a chamber music festival.”
- Connection: to create a space in time for listening in community
- Innovation: to perform music that is inspiring, thought-provoking, innovative, and varied
- Accessibility: to create concert experiences that are accessible, welcoming, and meaningful to all, regardless of income, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or ability
- Diversity: to perform music by and form collaborations with composers, performers, and creators that reflect the diversity of our community
- Mentorship: to nurture and inspire the next generation of musicians
Board of Directors