Join us for a fun, challenging, action-packed two weeks of rehearsals, coachings and masterclasses!
The Blueridge Chamber Music Workshop takes place August 6th-17th, 2018. Classes run Monday-Friday from 9:30 until 3:00
Who? All instrumentalists and singers intermediate and advanced level are welcome!
What? Blueridge offers:
- Dynamic international faculty
- Very small student-teacher ratio
- Focus on both solo and chamber music
- Fun and innovative theory, history and new music classes
- Serious music making in a fun and relaxed atmosphere
- Intensive schedule for maximum inspiration!
Where? MOUNT SEYMOUR UNITED CHURCH
1200 Parkgate Ave,
North Vancouver, BC
Concerts: All students will be featured in the gala final concert.
A typical day at Blueridge
9:30-10:00 Movement Class
10:00-10:45 Ensemble Rehearsal
10:45-11:30 Ensemble Coaching
11:30-12:00 Private Lesson
12:00- 1:00 Lunch (with soccer!)
1:00- 1:45 Ensemble Coaching
1:45- 3:00 Performance Masterclass
Application deadline: July 9th, 2018
Intermediate and advanced musicians (singers and all instruments) are welcome to apply!
How to apply?
- Please complete the online application form or send us the completed pamphlet (find them below).
- Send us a non-refundable $100 tuition deposit. Cheques should be made out to “Blueridge Chamber Music Society” .
- If we haven’t heard you before, we require a very informal audition. You may either send us a short recording of a performance or contact us to arrange a live audition.
Participants will be assigned to chamber groups based on performance level and experience.
Pre-formed groups are encouraged to attend!
Please send individual applications and indicate on the form that you would like to play together.
The tuition fee for the two-week program is $700.
Scholarships are available for students in financial need. Please include a brief letter of request if you wish to be considered for a scholarship.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
You can also download our pamphlet and return to us:
2018 Workshop Pamphlet